The Over Fifties Forum
June 29, 2017, 02:19:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to "The Over Fifties Forum". A great family of Cyber Friends from all walks of life. Click on this link: www.theoverfiftiesforum.com to register

Home Help Arcade Gallery Games Debate Music Naughty Room Day to day Chat Staff List Login Register Chat  

The 2017 Soap Awards

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2017 Soap Awards  (Read 235 times)
TerryC

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 12:29:51 am »

Hi TJ, I do hope I've got it wrong and you don't mean Eastenders as your bench mark soap.    Surely not?   If so it's your choice but for me it's just uuuuurrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!   

However, let's not fall out about it!   Life's too short etc!
Report Spam   Logged

TC
TJ

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 03:18:21 am »

Diddit 'urt?  laugh

Yeap! ... now I gotta stiff upper lip!  Sad

Hi TJ, I do hope I've got it wrong and you don't mean Eastenders as your bench mark soap.    Surely not?   If so it's your choice but for me it's just uuuuurrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!  

However, let's not fall out about it!   Life's too short etc!

I was having you on, Terry olde scout ...  Wink   Sorry if youse thought I was serious. In fact, I've never seen EastEnders ... nor any other British soap ... except for bits n' pieces o' Coronation Street yonks n' yonks ago! ... Couldn't understand what they was blithering saying, most o' the time!  Shocked

But Seriously Folks, me actural vote for THE FINEST blithering show EVER PRODUCED for telly ... in the HISTORY of ALL MANKIND would go to "The Walking Dead".  Smiley  Afro

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:19:27 am by TJ » Report Spam   Logged

TerryC

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 05:04:29 am »

Seems like we're quits then TJ me owd lad (that's a bit of Lanky for you!   Lanky is the way English is mangled in the county of Lancashire - the finest county in England!)   I've never seen the Walking Dead!
Report Spam   Logged

TC
TJ

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 05:16:49 am »

Quits it is then, Terry owd Lanky Bean! I was born in Lincolnshire, by the way. No idear 'ow fine a county it is, cuz I don't blithering remember much on it, do I?  Huh? Cept there's those I spose, wot think mebbe IT'S the finest o' the lot! As per The Walking Dead ... I wouldn't recommend it to an owd feller such as yerself. It'd probly scare yer Lanky pants orf!  Shocked 
Report Spam   Logged

TerryC

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 05:26:59 am »

Nah - no chance TJ.   You're swapping posts with a feller as 'as walked through a cemitry at neet wi' just a flickerin' candle to light 'is road through.   I 'ad to gerr a relight when it blew aht from a bloke wi' a long white frock on.   Dunno where 'e kept t'matches! 
Report Spam   Logged

TC
TJ

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 06:28:41 am »

Yeah, eh? ... Ya wanna talk aboot playin' with fire? ... I once set the Missus's stove on fire whilst she was on vaycay in Florida!  Shocked  The incident was the inspiration for the following recipe:

Eggs la TJ

*Take one medium frying pan.
*Fill frying pan with cooking oil to an approximate depth of three-quarters of an inch.
*Heat oil on high for 15 minutes.
*Ignoring the fact that the oil is now roiling in the pan at near boiling point ... take one egg, crack open and drop contents into the pan.
*While trying to avoid third degree burns from exploding hot oil, take one plastic spatula and attempt to remove egg (It will be done in 3 seconds. Overdone in 4).
*When spatula begins to melt and the pan catches fire, take one household dry chemical fire extinguisher.
*Pull safety pin.
*Squeeze lever while aiming at the base of the flame with a sweeping motion until fire is extinguished.
*Discard empty fire extinguisher.
*Using hand protection, remove pan from burner.
*Turn off stove and smoke alarms.
*Open all doors and windows.
*Discard former spatula.
*Discard former frying pan.
*Discard former egg.
*Find and console cat.
*Make bologna samwich (untoasted).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:32:35 am by TJ » Report Spam   Logged

TerryC

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 04:33:53 am »

Nice one TJ - hand held up for that one! Afro
Report Spam   Logged